Explore the South in an off-road buggyDate: Thursday 29 oct 2020 - Thursday 25 Nov 2021
Explore the South in an off-road buggy
Are you looking to explore the incredible landscapes of the south of the island, head down dirt roads across sugar cane fields and through the undergrowth, admire the breath-taking views, while enjoying a ride in an off-road vehicle (off-road buggy - similar to a Quad)? This is the activity for you!!
A professional guide will take you and your friends or family to discover this mechanical “sport” on a trip through an exceptional natural setting.
• 9am: Come to Mont-Vert les Hauts where Teddy, the guide and owner of the vehicles, will be there to welcome you
• First, you’ll have the opportunity to get to know the other participants.
• Briefing: Teddy will explain a bit about the machines and how they work, as well as the safety measures all participants must respect during the trip. All participants will be given a helmet
• 9:20: participants climb aboard their vehicles and we set off
• We head towards Cap de Petite-Ile, passing through Piton Mont Vert: we will drive through diverse landscapes and across farming land:
- Sugar cane fields (during the harvest season, participants will be able to stop off and discover how the harvest is done and may even come across several “cachalots” - the tractors that transport the sugar cane when it’s been cut - )
- Fields of geraniums
- Fields of coconut trees
You will stop at several places to admire the breath-taking viewpoints along the way.
• Then there’s a descent down to the coast where you will be able to enjoy some delicious treats overlooking Cap Petite-Ile. An exceptional setting.
All the food and drinks are 100% homemade and made using local products (guava juice and sweet potato cake). This is the perfect snack to give the budding “drivers” an energy boost for the second part of the trip, and an opportunity to talk to the other participants.
• The return journey is more sporty and technical: it’s a chance to try out all the tips and tricks that Teddy told the participants about!
The trails (long-forgotten horse-and-cart tracks) will lead participants up to the Domaine du Relais, then to Piton de Bloc.
• Around 12pm: return to Mont Vert les Hauts
An off-road ride, down paths and dirt tracks, over obstacles and across diverse landscapes
A fun and cultural morning out
The trails used (long-forgotten horse-and-cart tracks) and the sheer diversity of landscapes.
The service provider also offers outings with a duration of 30min, 1hr, 2hrs, day trips or the open-air camping package.
Min. age of the driver: 18 years old (must be the holder of a valid car license, new drivers accepted).
Passengers must be at least 12 years old, with parental authorisation for under 18s.
People with reduced mobility can participate as passengers.
This trip is not suitable for pregnant women.
The package includes 1 driver and 1 passenger (possibility to alternate during the trip).
If the participate is alone, they may be sharing the buggy with another participant.
A car rental contract must be filled out on-site.
1 deposit of €2,000/machine is required on-site (bank card pre-authorisation or cheque).
Every Thursday morning
Reservations are compulsory at least 48hrs in advance
Minimum: 4 people / Maximum: 8 people
Remember to bring:
A change of clothes, waterproof clothing (raincoat), jumper (in winter), trousers (jeans, canvas pants, jogging bottoms), trainers.
Equipped provided by the service provider: protection helmet, the off-road buggy
Duration of the tour: